ACCOUNTANT (AUDIT MANAGER) – SOUTH LONDON
Are you ACA or ACCA qualified? We have an exciting opportunity for an Audit Manager to join our UK Top 50 firm of Chartered Accountants.
Who we are
Established in 1899, we serve a diverse client base in a range of industries. Our work is focused wholly on owner managed businesses, with turnovers from circa £1 million up to £100 million. We provide a wide range of services to include audit, accountancy, accounts support, payroll bureau, tax compliance, specialist tax services, M&A and deals / transaction reports.
The firm consists of 19 partners, 5 of whom are based in Dartford together with 48 professional and administrative staff members.
What is the role?
The Barnes Roffe Dartford office currently requires an Audit and Accounts Manager to work within a team of managers.
The role consists of handling a diversified portfolio of owner managed companies with turnovers of £1 million up to £100 million.
The work mix will comprise both audit and accounting assignments. As a portfolio manager, the successful candidate will have full responsibility for running a portfolio of circa 50 clients, with annual fees in the region of £400,000 upwards.
The relevant individual will have a 2:1 degree from a British University and will be ACA qualified with a minimum of two years PQE.
The job function will therefore include: –
- Liaising with clients and managing client expectations.
- Organising and running all accounting and audit assignments for the portfolio.
- Supervising and reviewing staff output, primarily accounts for audit production.
- Reporting directly to the partner and attending at all client accounts meetings.
- Organising pre-year-end tax planning work and devising appropriate tax strategies for clients.
- Attendance and input to practice development initiatives including significant networking and new prospect / potential client proposals.
- Working within an existing team of managers and partners to further develop and support the growth of the Barnes Roffe Dartford office which includes the new satellite London Bridge office.
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Good IT skills including Outlook, Excel, Word and Accounting packages
- Experienced in managing the audit process from planning to completion of financial statements.
- Working knowledge of Digita and Caseware.
Where is it based?
Located on the Crossways Business Park, Dartford Kent, our modern open-plan offices offer free parking and are easily accessible from M25 and A2 and public transport including Greenhithe and Stone Crossing train stations which are just a short walk away.
What is the Salary?
Depending on experience, the salary range for this role is £50,000 – £70,000.
Barnes Roffe are an Equal Opportunities Employer.Location: Dartford
Salary: £50,000 - £70,000
Talk to Barnes Roffe today