MIXED TAX MANAGER – TOP 40 FIRM – DARTFORD
Who we are
Established in 1899, we serve a diverse client base in a range of industries. Our work is focused wholly on owner managed businesses, with turnovers from circa £1 million up to £100 million. We provide a wide range of services to include audit, accountancy, accounts support, payroll bureau, tax compliance, specialist tax services, M&A and deals and transaction reports.
The firm consists of 21 partners, 5 of whom are based in Dartford together with 48 professional and administrative staff members.
What is the role?
- Responsible for portfolio of personal tax and corporate clients and dealing with all compliance matters.
- Job requires the review of corporation tax returns prepared by the audit department and personal tax returns prepared by our joint venture in India, together with the preparation of returns on certain clients.
- Sole responsibility for corporation tax on many clients where we act for the UK subsidiaries as part of a large overseas group, so understanding of international issues, transfer pricing, deferred tax.
- Will handle preparation of forms P11D and ad hoc share work for portfolio as required. There is a large amount of consultancy work within the department such as share restructuring, EMI’s and candidate will work with the partner on projects.
- Excellent organisation skills required as need to be able to combine working for different people and having several pieces of work ongoing.
- Responsible for supervision of two junior members of staff and provide training where required
- Run training sessions on corporation tax issues for audit department
- Excellent communication skills required as direct contact with client and communicating with the audit department.
- Ability to fit in with a small team
- Qualified CTA preferred and accounting background helpful.
- At least 2 years’ post qualified experience within a multi-partner
- Technically strong with a good knowledge of corporate tax.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with staff and clients.
- An aptitude for teamwork and problem solving.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Looking for long term career enhancement and desire to train and undertake new experiences.
Where is it based?
Located on the Crossways Business Park, Dartford Kent, our modern open-plan offices offer free parking and are easily accessible from M25 and A2 and public transport including Greenhithe and Stone Crossing train stations which are just a short walk away.
Barnes Roffe is an Equal Opportunities EmployerLocation: Dartford
Talk to Barnes Roffe today