Many Happy Returns
Today marks an important milestone for one of Barnes Roffe’s senior partners, as (despite all his efforts to conceal the fact from the rest of us) Allan Cheason has turned 60!
Allan joined Barnes Roffe back in 1982 – a year remembered for the Falklands War, the raising of the Mary Rose, and, of course, the introduction of the indexation allowance for capital gains.
Since then, some of the most momentous events which we have seen include:
- 1985: The introduction of a new Companies Act
- 1989: The fall of the Berlin Wall
- 1996: Dolly the sheep is born
- 2005: England is victorious over Australia in the Ashes
- 2006: The introduction of another new Companies Act
- 2008: The introduction of the Annual Investment Allowance for qualifying capital expenditure
- 2012: The Curiosity rover lands on Mars
I’ll leave it to you to decide whether the world or the accountancy profession has changed more in that time (and whether or not that’s a good thing).
So I’d like to wish Allan a happy birthday and thank him for the quite astonishing amount of cakes and buns he’s generously brought in…Talk to Barnes Roffe today