Lawyers & Solicitors Accountancy
We understand your practice!
Barnes Roffe are proud to have developed a specialist service for lawyers and solicitors. We recognise that law firms require enhanced industry specific knowledge from their accountants, whether to deal with general accountancy work or to ensure that the stringent compliance requirements are met.
We have set up specialist teams dealing with legal practices. Each member of the team attends regular update courses to ensure that they have detailed knowledge of the SRA Accounts Rules and can assist you with these.
We have also developed a management solution called ‘The Six Laws’, specifically designed to accommodate all the requirements of your practice, as well as offer you the structure, support and guidance you need.
Barnes Roffe – The Six Laws
- Compliance – Health check your systems to confirm they are compliant.
- Maximising profitability – Update your financial systems so they accurately record the work you do and improve the value billed.
- Knowledge – Enable you to gain instant access to monthly profitability and key performance indicators so you can implement regular improvements.
2. GROWING YOUR BUSINESS
- Planning – Assist you to develop profitability.
- Expansion – Help you to decide whether to grow the firm organically, by merger or acquisition.
- Monitoring achievements – Evaluate progress on a regular basis.
3. TAX & WEALTH MANAGEMENT
- Building your wealth – Understand your goals and assist in your long-term planning.
- Personal service – Offer a one-to-one consultancy to keep both your business and personal tax bills to a minimum.
- Information – Provide advance information of your tax liabilities.
4. CORPORATE STRUCTURE
- Getting a fresh viewpoint – Explain options that are available e.g. Limited Liability Partnerships and hybrid structures.
- Development – Help you develop an internal practice structure which promotes effective decision making.
5. EDUCATION & KNOWLEDGE
- Monthly updates – Keep you informed of taxation matters and compliance issues.
- Access – Use our expertise to support you.
6. EXIT ROUTE
- Set goals – Develop a personal retirement plan for each partner to satisfy their personal objectives.
If you would like to arrange a more in-depth discussion with our team about our experiences working closely with other lawyers and solicitors and how we can help your business, please feel free to contact us at Barnes Roffe for more information.Talk to Barnes Roffe today Barnes Roffe has tried to ensure that the contents and information it provides in its website is accurate at the time of posting. Unfortunately it cannot guarantee the accuracy of contents or information contained in its pages and any person choosing to act on this information should contact a Barnes Roffe partner prior to taking any action