Pension Auto Enrolment: An Employer’s Guide
Your concise guide to the key facts and action points
Auto enrolment is the statutory requirement on an employer to:
- have an appropriate pension scheme
- arrange for most of the workforce to be automatically enrolled in the pension scheme, and
- pay pension contributions into the scheme.
When these requirements will need to be satisfied will be determined by reference to an employer’s ‘staging date’.
A lot of work will be required before the staging date:
- consider how many workers will be required to be auto enrolled in a pension scheme
- estimate how much auto enrolment is going to cost you as an employer
- choose an appropriate pension scheme
- consider how you are going to communicate with your workers about auto enrolment
- check that your payroll software or payroll agent can deal with the calculation and deduction of contributions.