AUDIT MANAGER LEYTONSTONE
Are you ACA or ACCA qualified? We have an exciting opportunity for an Audit Manager to join our UK Top 40 firm of Chartered Accountants.
Who we are
Established in 1899, we serve a diverse client base in a range of industries. Our work is focused wholly on owner managed businesses, with turnovers from circa £1 million up to £100 million. We provide a wide range of services to include audit, accountancy, accounts support, payroll bureau, tax compliance, specialist tax services, M&A and deals / transaction reports.
The firm consists of 22 partners, 12 of whom are based in Leytonstone together with 64 professional and administrative staff members.
What is the role?
The Barnes Roffe Leytonstone office currently requires an Audit and Accounts Manager to work within a team of managers.
The role consists of handling a diversified portfolio of owner managed companies with turnovers of £1 million up to £100 million.
The work mix will comprise both audit and accounting assignments. As a portfolio manager, the successful candidate will have full responsibility for running a portfolio of circa 50 clients, with annual fees in the region of £400,000 upwards.
The relevant individual will have a 2:1 degree from a British University and will be ACA qualified with a minimum of two years PQE.
The job function will therefore include: –
- Liaising with clients and managing client expectations.
- Organising and running all accounting and audit assignments for the portfolio.
- Supervising and reviewing staff output, primarily accounts for audit production.
- Reporting directly to the partner and attending at all client accounts meetings.
- Organising pre-year-end tax planning work and devising appropriate tax strategies for clients.
- Attendance and input to practice development initiatives including significant networking and new prospect / potential client proposals.
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Good IT skills including Outlook, Excel, Word and Accounting packages
- Experienced in managing the audit process from planning to completion of financial statements.
- Working knowledge of Digita and Caseware.
Where is it based?
Our offices are in a grade 2 listed building and are easily accessible from the Blackwall Tunnel,
A12, A406, M25 and M11. Free parking is available.
Leytonstone Underground is a short walk away and we are on main bus routes. A pool car is
available for client meetings.
Barnes Roffe is an Equal Opportunities Employer