What is the role?
To lead a team in undertaking audit assignments.
Due to the continued growth in our Audit client base, we are looking for an ambitious individual who has already established experience within auditing, and is looking to develop this area further. This role will be most suited to someone who thrives under challenge, is delivery focused, enjoys accountability, has a ‘can-do’ attitude and is looking to improve his/her skills and competencies through self-development.
The position offers fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic team supported by an intensive training and development program with great development opportunities.
The role will involve the carrying out of audit duties for a broad range of small, medium & large, owner managed clients in a wide range of industries.
A typical assignment will be on clients with turnover in excess of £10 million.
• Plan and perform audits leading a team
• Obtain background data for audit planning.
• Prepare & review financial statements.
• Prepare corporation tax computations.
• Draft Management letters and reports.
• Ensure time budgets are maintained.
• Maintain client confidentiality and professional relationships.
• Supervise and assist junior staff.
• Liaise with other departments in order to efficiently and effectively complete jobs.
• Be a team player and actively partake in technical training sessions.
• ACA or ACCA qualified
• At least 2 years’ post qualified experience within a multi-partner practice with at least 40% audit exposure.
• Technically strong with a good knowledge of accounting and auditing standards.
• Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to build strong relationships with staff and clients.
• An aptitude for teamwork and problem solving.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Looking for long term career enhancement and desire to train and undertake new experiences.
Who we are
Established in 1899, we serve a diverse client base in a range of industries. Our work is focused wholly on owner managed businesses, with turnovers from circa £1 million up to £100 million. We provide a wide range of services to include audit, accountancy, accounts support, payroll bureau, tax compliance, specialist tax services, M&A and deals/transaction reports.
The firm consists of 23 partners and approaching 200 professional and administrative staff members. Based in Leytonstone are 13 partners together with over 65 professional and administrative staff members.
Where is it based?
Our offices are in a grade 2 listed building and are easily accessible from the Blackwall Tunnel, A12, A406, M25 and M11. Free parking is available.
Leytonstone Underground is a short walk away and we are on main bus routes. A pool car is available for client meetings.
Barnes Roffe is an Equal Opportunities EmployerLocation: Leytonstone House, 3 Hanbury Drive, Leytonstone, London E11 1GA
Salary: Competitive London based market rate