MIXED TAX SENIOR – LEYTONSTONE
An exciting opportunity to join a well-established top 40 London practice within our tax team. The tax senior role is in our Leytonstone office, where over 75 employees and 12 partners are based.
We are looking for a tax senior to support our growing team. The tax team works with our audit and accounts teams and the firm’s general partners, as well as providing specialist tax consultancy services. The team currently comprises 15 team members, including five tax managers and two tax partners.
We pride ourselves on our investment in staff training and development all within a friendly but professional environment. The position offers the opportunity to be involved in training and supervision of junior team members, as well as working closely with team managers and contribute to and be part of the success of the team in the long term. The firm as a whole is dedicated to the progression of its staff and there are opportunities for rapid promotion for outstanding people.
The successful candidate will have a strong base of experience in personal tax and/or corporate tax – a mixed tax background, or experience of mixed tax through study is ideal. We are looking for someone who has practical tax knowledge and has previous exposure to advisory work.
We are looking for a candidate with some level of qualification, preferably ATT qualified or CTA studying/qualified, however candidates with ACA/ACCA qualification who have been working in tax, or candidates qualified by experience will be considered.
The role will have its own portfolio of clients for which you may report to tax managers or tax partners.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Review of corporation tax computations prepared by the accounts/audit team for a portfolio of companies.
- Preparation of personal tax returns for a portfolio of individuals, including preparation of CGT computations.
- Preparation of forms P11D for a portfolio of businesses.
- First point of contact for own portfolio of clients.
- Advising individuals and companies of their tax liabilities.
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients.
- Assist with HMRC enquiries into personal and corporate tax returns.
- Assisting on tax advisory projects for existing clients and prospects (for example, restructuring/reorganisations, remuneration planning, incorporations, share buy-backs, R&D tax credits, EMI schemes, EIS and SEIS applications).
- Carry out research on more technical areas to assist managers/partners
- Identify tax planning opportunities within individual and corporate client portfolio.
- Delegating work to junior team members and reviewing work.
- Assisting with the preparation of invoices for clients.
A candidate should have good IT skills including confidence with using Word and Excel. We work with Digita Personal Tax, Corporation Tax Advanced and Company Secretarial software.
Strong communication skills, both spoken and written, is vital as this is a role involving regular interaction with colleagues and clients.
Where is the role based?
Our offices are in a grade 2 listed building and are easily accessible from the Blackwall Tunnel, A12, A406, M25 and M11. Free parking is available.
Leytonstone Underground is a short walk away and we are on main bus routes.
A pool car is available for client meetings.
Barnes Roffe is an Equal Opportunities Employer