PERSONAL TAX COMPLIANCE MANAGER – TOP 50 FIRM – LEYTONSTONE
An exciting opportunity to join a well-established top 50 London practice within our tax team. The tax manager role is in our Leytonstone office, where over 75 employees and 13 partners are based.
We are looking for a personal tax compliance manager to bolster our fast growing team. The tax team works with our audit and accounts teams and the firm’s general partners. The team currently comprises 17 team members, including three tax managers and three tax partners.
We pride ourselves on our investment in staff training and development all within a friendly but professional environment. The position will involve training and supervision of the tax seniors and juniors, as well as working closely with your fellow team managers and partners to contribute to and be part of the success of the team in the long term. The firm as a whole is dedicated to the progression of its staff and there are opportunities for rapid promotion for outstanding people.
The successful candidate will have a strong base of experience in personal tax. We are looking for someone who has practical tax knowledge and can demonstrate experience of managing a portfolio, delegating to a team, and taking responsibility for finalising work for client approval. The candidate should have a good knowledge across all areas of personal tax. Some knowledge of inheritance tax and trusts would be beneficial, but not essential.
We are looking for a candidate who is preferably CTA qualified, however candidates with ATT/ACA/ACCA qualification who have been working in tax long term, or candidates qualified by experience will be considered.
The role will have its own portfolio of clients and will be supported by tax seniors (who will have their own sub-portfolio) and tax juniors. Reporting will be directly to tax partners and general partners.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparation/review of personal tax returns for a portfolio of individuals.
- Review of LLP/partnership income tax computations prepared by the accounts/audit team for partnership clients in your portfolio.
- Preparation/review of trust tax returns.
- Preparation/review of forms P11D for a portfolio of businesses.
- Managing the work flow and deadlines, from obtaining information internally and externally to ensuring the work is completed in an appropriate time scale.
- First point of contact for own portfolio of clients.
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients.
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries into personal tax returns.
- Training and supervision of junior team members.
- Involvement in management of the team.
- Preparation of invoices for clients.
The candidate should have good IT skills including confidence with using Word and Excel. We work with Digita Personal Tax software.
Strong communication skills, both spoken and written, is vital as this is a role involving regular interaction with colleagues and clients.
The role will offer the opportunity for some flexibility in office hours worked.
Where is the role based?
Our offices are in a grade 2 listed building and are easily accessible from the Blackwall Tunnel, A12, A406, M25 and M11. Free parking is available.
Leytonstone Underground is a short walk away and we are on main bus routes.
A pool car is available for client meetings, although it is not expected that there will be a significant number of external client meetings.
Barnes Roffe is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Location: Leytonstone House, 3 Hanbury Drive, Leytonstone, London E11 1GA
Salary: Competitive London based market rate