At Barnes Roffe, we understand that there are some organisations which have goals that set them apart from others – that of creating social value, rather than being profit orientated.
We also understand that in running your charity, the onerous rules and regulations can often distract your attention away from the underlying cause: that of making a social difference.
At Barnes Roffe, we have recognised this and have established a specialist charity accountancy team that understand the needs and obligations of your organisation, including:
- Audit and assurance;
- Accountancy services and advice – including preparation of accounts, accounting systems advice, budgets, forecasts and cashflows;
- Tax planning advice and tax consultancy – including help on more complex tax matters that charities sometimes face, such as Gift Aid and VAT (see below), all provided by our own in-house tax specialists;
- Specialist VAT advice – including clarification on complex rules and how certain transactions affect VAT compliance and VAT planning;
- Compliance with laws and regulations – including the Charities Act 2006, Charity SORP, The Charities (Accounts and Report) Regulations 2008, the requirements of the Charities Commission, and the Companies Act 2006 (where applicable);
- Funding requirements – including assistance with the sourcing of finance, from the EU and UK sources.
By assigning the most suitable members of the Barnes Roffe team to your organisation, we can ensure that you receive practical and relevant advice, not only on your accounting needs, but on any other matters that affect your organisation.
We believe that we are ideally placed in that we are large enough to offer the full range of expertise, whilst at the same time being able to guarantee to give each client a dedicated partner and manager team, that are easily and readily contactable.
This regular contact with the organisation will enable us to have the opportunity to provide new ideas and advice as circumstances change and events dictate.
Our audit and assurance work is undertaken in accordance with ethical standards, which ensure that we constantly take steps to ensure our independence, objectivity and integrity.
To ensure we maintain the highest standard of audit and assurance, our own internal audit procedures include a Quality Review by a second partner at both the planning and completion stages. This added level of quality assurance provides additional comfort to the Trustees, but at no extra cost.
If you would like to arrange a more in-depth discussion with our team about our experiences in the area of charity accountancy, please feel free to contact us at Barnes Roffe for more information. Our specialist team of chartered accountants will be more than happy to help.Talk to Barnes Roffe today Barnes Roffe has tried to ensure that the contents and information it provides in its website is accurate at the time of posting. Unfortunately it cannot guarantee the accuracy of contents or information contained in its pages and any person choosing to act on this information should contact a Barnes Roffe partner prior to taking any action